I still can't believe that I deleted the files without realizing it.As you can guess I've had to start again,at least this time I know where a lot of the errors in the system ini files are.
Archkaine you said you'd thought about using an earlier version to begin the rebuilt with,it wouldn't have mattered which version you'd used as Rebalance has been on a self destruct coarse since the beginning.I've managed to get several of the early versions (0.5 is the earliest) only to find that the system errors start more or less when the mod was started.Granted that back then modding freelancer was in it's infancy and a lot of people didn't know exactly what they were doing,as times moved on and the mods grown more people have added their own errors to it making it worse.Unfortunately at the start the mod was small (2.5MB ) and the errors didn't cause any problems,but as it's grown the errors have become more and more of a problem.**Like a tumor it starts out small but if it's ignored it grows and spreads until it's just to late to do anything about.**
Okay back to the update, I've just spend 4 hours fixing the initialworld.ini, what a mess, from what I've read on these forums there's only 5 numbers you can use in here, but someones gone nuts with the numbers most don't even cross correspond with each other. Now for the empathy.ini, I'm not looking forward to this, I've also made a start on the systems (Br01-Br03).
**I apologise to anyone I offended with my terrible choice of phrasing,I have since edited it to say what I meant it to.**
Just to let everybody know this thread will be updated periodically, the dev team have moved to here rebalance.blue-ion.net so come on over and say Hi!
**shuffles of with a new headache**
Edited by - Bejaymac on 7/7/2005 8:00:39 AM
Edited by - Bejaymac on 7/7/2005 11:20:16 AM
Edited by - Bejaymac on 7/27/2005 4:39:51 PM