Well, I do not know how many people will be checking this, but I wanted to drop in, even if it's for just a brief g'day.
I apologize for my long leave of absence in the past few months - senior year is busy as all get out. College applications have had me swamped for weeks, and schoolwork, field expeditions (ecology course), and girlfriend stuff have pretty much eaten all of my waking hours since August.
From the looks of things, I won't be able to cram much modding in before the holiday season, but any that I can cram, I will cram.
But a small update, of sorts:
Still working on more new ships with destructible components.
- Zoners are completed - LF, HF, VHF, and a Freighter.
- Xenos almost done - LF, HF, VHF; completing their components (spoilers, wings, and fins) now.
- at least 15 more ships in concept art - probably 15 or so more from a few other guys.
- Custom cockpits for most new ships.
- at least 20 new weapon models - still designing more boomsticks.
- new weapon classes and characteristics.
- 29 new systems planned - not totally laid out or designed yet, but conceptualized and charted on Sirius NavMap.
That's just a sketchy status report for now; I'm sorry I can't give a more detailed rundown, but for one thing, I am not sure about how long it will be before I'll have adequate time to get a lot done. After Christmas, I should have more time, but that's if I don't get a job ... Anyhow, don't mean to babble here, so I'll shut my trap. Life's a roaring river, and right now, it's dragging me along. I will get back to modding as soon as I can, though, I promise that much.
As soon as a beta is in the works, I'll be sure to make it available to any who are interested. But again, that is a good ways away, I'm sad to say. Damn, do I miss modding ...
Until later, my fellow 'lancers, farewell.