I wanted to give an update on the real economy addon for Freelancer and wanted to gather ideas and stuff you'd like to see in this addon. I've seen these threads and have already implemented or am implementing some of the things discussed there:
- Dynamic Commodities Market Programming
- Changing the Unchangeable (EXE and DLL Mods)
- and a couple of others I can't find right now.
The current state of the addon is this:
- We have a new global pricing scheme to vary prices
- We have a news ticker, which shows the price changes like a stock ticker
- I have integrated market "events", which are displayed in the news room
- Prices vary as you trade - not once a day
- A concept for real demand and supply (finishing this until next week)
- Your interaction with the game will really influence markets
- This is integrated into the game - its live - its not a tool changing save game states or INI files between games
- Bases will have real stock of items which can run out. Bases will produce items etc.
What else would you like to see in such an addon?
BTW, here are some screenshots of the current state:
- News Screenshot 1
- News Screenshot 2
- News Screenshot 3
- News Screenshot 4
I also took a video ( 44MB ) showing random prices in the game.
We also need more INI scripters and testers (currently SP only, MP later) - if you are willing to contribute feel free to contact me.
Edited by - grover on 1/18/2006 10:33:35 AM